Though Monsoon brings relief from the scorching summer, it also invites several bacterial and viral infections. Infectious and communicable eye diseases like conjunctivitis and styes are very common during monsoon.
Generally, we are careful about diseases which are serious, but when it comes to taking care of our eyes we usually ignore and take it light. Eyes is an important part of our body; extra care during rainy must be taken. Humid and moist situation makes it the most favorable time for bacteria to breed. So, you must be careful regarding personal hygiene to prevent occurrence of eye infections.
Remember always, prevention is better than cure.
- Firstly, if you get soaked or drenched in heavy rain, remember that on returning back home you must wash your face, clean your eyes and dry the sides of your eyes with clean towel.
- Do not rub your eyes with unclean and dirty hands. Clean your eyes with fresh and tidy handkerchief or tissue.
- Another issue noticed during monsoon is that the weather is accompanied with high humidity and you often wipe your eyes and face with handkerchief which is unclean. At that moment, it is best to use clean tissues.
- This monsoon, remember to clean your contact lenses. If you go for swimming then kindly be alert about your surroundings. You must properly see that the pool and the area around. See that it is absolutely neat, clean and tidy as in no bacterial infections are lurking around the swimming pool.
- In case, if you visualize that someone is diagnosed with eye infection or any such issues, absolutely neglect or avoid to share your personal belongings like handkerchief and towel. These measures are external and to build immunity, you must indulge in good, rich food made at home and avoid outside food. Have fresh seasonal fruits and vegetables only to protect your eyes and make sure your eyes remain healthy this monsoon.
- At the junction while you suffer from eye infection symptoms, splash cold water on eyes, apply and take the recommended medicines. It is definitely important at the time while you are suffering from eye issues, you should not wear contact lenses and if you take any other eye drop apart from the eye drop for infection, then you must instantly stop until you recover from the eye infection.
Henceforth even after taking care, if you develop itchiness, just wash your eyes with cold water. If the disturbance or itchiness does not subside, then you must not self-medicate yourself. The best idea is to visit the doctor at GKB Opticals.